The 7 benefits of lemon water. 7 reasons why drinking lemon water every morning is good for your health.
by James Arthur Warren
Lemons are a healthy fruit. Lemons originated from the middle east at the base of the Himalayas and spread around the world as one of the most widely consumed tropical fruits. Lemons contain many bioactive compounds, vitamins and essential mineral that assist in maintaining healthy body function. These include ascorbic acid, vitamin C, thiamin, pantothenic acid, iron, riboflavin, fibre, vitamin B6, copper, folate, potassium, beta-carotenes, lutein, vitamin A, zeaxanthin. All of these compounds have many health benefits. 
Water is life for without water we can not live.
Lemon water is simple to make. Take a large glass of water and squeeze half a lemon into it. It is a great refreshing way to begin every morning when you first wake up and a healthy habit to get into.
- Lemon water hydrates your body. Water is an essential element to human survival. It is necessary for cell function and without water you would only survive for 3 to 5 days. After sleeping all night the body is dehydrated from respiration and drinking water rehydrates the body in order for it to work efficiently. There is evidence “that water plays an important role in both the specificity and affinity of protein-DNA interactions” 
- Lemons contain Vitamin C. Lemons are high in ascorbic acid, vitamin C which has numerous benefits. These include: fighting infections, repairing the skin and promoting healing.
- Lemon water helps you lose weight. There are benefits to drinking water that include weight loss . However Lemons contain pectin which is a soluble fibre. Pectin helps prevent hunger cravings.
- Helps detox.  Firstly, you increase the amount of urine when you increase your water intake. This helps to eliminate toxins. However lemons contain citric acid which is known to inhibit toxins and also enhances the ability of your body to flush out toxins naturally.  
- Lemon Water Aids Digestion. One of the components of lemons are citric flavonoids which aid in lipid (fat) metabolism.
- Immune system boost. Lemons contain Vitamin C which is an immune system booster. Vitamin C is also good for relieving stress.
- Energy. Yes drinking lemon water gives you energy.
Check out this video for more infomation on the benefits of drinking lemon water.
Bonus Benefit: Drinking lemon water helps to give you fresh breath.
If you’d like to contribute to the continuation of James’ Blue House Free Schools and help me build mobile free schools and education programs teaching lifestyles of health and sustainability you can donate here. https://www.gofundme.com/j6hahs
7 benefits of drinking lemon water daily by James Arthur Warren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.