7 Ways to Detoxify Yourself and Live Longer
7 ways to naturally detoxify yourself or 7 ways to detox everyday
by James Arthur Warren
Detox: Comes from the word detoxify which is a verb meaning “to rid of poison or the effect of poison”.  Everyday in our lives, our bodies are constantly bombarded by a soup of chemicals and pollutants. Some of the poisons such as alcohol and sugar are willingly consumed because they produce a physical craving effect upon withdrawal. This is called addiction. Some poisons enter the body through the skin in micro concentrations from cosmetics and other so called “beauty” products. These poisonous pollutants can accumulate over time and if they aren’t eliminated can lead to the precipitation of ill health.
In order to keep well and stay well a precautionary and preventative approach is best if your intention is to live a long, healthy and happy life. For this reason, it is important to ensure your body is working efficiently so that it can clean and heal itself. This is where regular detoxification comes in. The following are 7 ways to detox everyday. These are simple but effective habits that can be incorporated into your life.
- Get more air. Oxygen. Breathe deep. Any competitive swimmer will tell you about the importance of breathing to their performance. Learning a deep breathing practice such as Quantum Pause Breathing (QPB) helps to get more oxygen into the blood which reaches all the cells in the body allowing them to work more efficiently. This helps to eliminate toxins. Breathing well also helps to detox the body because some toxins are exhaled. Deep breathing also helps you relax and deal with stress.A deep breathing technique such as QPB can be applied in any situation from daily meditation to sitting in traffic or a board meeting.
- Drink Quality Water: Without water a human can only last 3 to 5 days. Drinking more water increases cellular hydration. This allows cells to dispose of toxins more readily in the form of urine. However there is a big difference between clean and energised water and the water in a bottle of Coke. One way to detox is to make sure you are getting all the water that you need in a clean health form. That means cutting out and eliminating the soft drinks, sodas, hard drinks and alcohol and replacing them with a good quality source of water. The most important times to drink water are first thing in the morning when you wake up and during exercise. This helps to hydrate your cells, aids urination and also aids digestion of your first meal. Ideally you should aim for 2 or more litres of water per day but this depends on your weight, your level of activity and where you live.  The best rule of thumb is aim for clear or light straw coloured urine. If your urine is dark, drink more water. 
- Add vitamin C. Vitamin C increases your glutathione. Glutathione is an antioxidant which helps your body detox. Lemons are great source of Vitamin C and half a lemon can be squeezed into your first glass of water each day as an easy way to ensure you get your vitamin C. Lemon water has many other benefits that you can read about here.
- Daily Yoga, the 5 Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation or Tai Chi. Setting your alarm 30 minutes earlier to do yoga or the 5 Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation will help detox you because these kinds of exercises stretch your body increasing the flow of blood to the finer capillaries which increases the body’s ability to get rid of toxins. These exercises also increase the efficiency of your lymphatic system which is responsible for regulating and managing the fluid levels in your body. 
- Stop poisoning yourself. Stop alcohol and cigarettes. You can’t detoxify if you keep putting toxins and poisons into your body. Alcohol is a poison and cigarette smoke contains thousands of chemicals. “Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These cigarette ingredients include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.”  You can get help to Quit Somking here.
- Get physical. Exercise helps eliminate toxins through both perspiration and respiration processes.
- Go natural. Stop using deodorants, eating processed foods and other dangerous or unknown chemicals. There are a variety of natural, chemical free solutions for many of our daily household and body products. One of the easiest and cheapest ways to detox is to eliminate these chemicals from your life and replace them with natural alternatives. Coconut oil for a moisturiser, apple cider vinegar for hair conditioner, vinegar and bicarbonate soda for cleaning, natural soap instead of body wash.
Check out my video 7 Ways to Detox.
Bonus way: Eat organically produced homegrown fruit and vegetables. Growing your own fruit and vegetables in a home garden has numerous benefits however it can also ensure you are consuming less toxins in the way of pesticide, herbicides and fungicides that are present in micro amounts in chemical based agricultural processes. Brocolli are one of the vegetables that uses a lot of chemicals in agricultural production. Growing your own is one way to ensure that there are no chemicals used in the production.
If you like these articles and videos please help me build a free mobile school teaching lifestyles of health and sustainability. James’ Blue House Free Schools https://www.gofundme.com/j6hahs
7 Ways to Detoxify Yourself and Live Longer by James Arthur Warren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The 7 benefits of lemon water. 7 reasons why drinking lemon water every morning is good for your health.
by James Arthur Warren
Lemons are a healthy fruit. Lemons originated from the middle east at the base of the Himalayas and spread around the world as one of the most widely consumed tropical fruits. Lemons contain many bioactive compounds, vitamins and essential mineral that assist in maintaining healthy body function. These include ascorbic acid, vitamin C, thiamin, pantothenic acid, iron, riboflavin, fibre, vitamin B6, copper, folate, potassium, beta-carotenes, lutein, vitamin A, zeaxanthin. All of these compounds have many health benefits. 
Water is life for without water we can not live.
Lemon water is simple to make. Take a large glass of water and squeeze half a lemon into it. It is a great refreshing way to begin every morning when you first wake up and a healthy habit to get into.
- Lemon water hydrates your body. Water is an essential element to human survival. It is necessary for cell function and without water you would only survive for 3 to 5 days. After sleeping all night the body is dehydrated from respiration and drinking water rehydrates the body in order for it to work efficiently. There is evidence “that water plays an important role in both the specificity and affinity of protein-DNA interactions” 
- Lemons contain Vitamin C. Lemons are high in ascorbic acid, vitamin C which has numerous benefits. These include: fighting infections, repairing the skin and promoting healing.
- Lemon water helps you lose weight. There are benefits to drinking water that include weight loss . However Lemons contain pectin which is a soluble fibre. Pectin helps prevent hunger cravings.
- Helps detox.  Firstly, you increase the amount of urine when you increase your water intake. This helps to eliminate toxins. However lemons contain citric acid which is known to inhibit toxins and also enhances the ability of your body to flush out toxins naturally.  
- Lemon Water Aids Digestion. One of the components of lemons are citric flavonoids which aid in lipid (fat) metabolism.
- Immune system boost. Lemons contain Vitamin C which is an immune system booster. Vitamin C is also good for relieving stress.
- Energy. Yes drinking lemon water gives you energy.
Check out this video for more infomation on the benefits of drinking lemon water.
Bonus Benefit: Drinking lemon water helps to give you fresh breath.
If you’d like to contribute to the continuation of James’ Blue House Free Schools and help me build mobile free schools and education programs teaching lifestyles of health and sustainability you can donate here. https://www.gofundme.com/j6hahs
7 benefits of drinking lemon water daily by James Arthur Warren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
7 benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most versatile products a sustainable home can have.
It is useful for: diabetes heart health weight loss sinus, sore throat aid digestion warts, skin irritation sunburn, insect bites, energy, natural cleaning, weed killer odour neutraliser, veggie wash hair rinse, facial and skin toner and many more things.
- Apple cider vinegar is high in acetic acid. Acetic acid has good biological effects
- Apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial effects.The main ingredient, acetic acid kills bacteria and prevents them reaching harmful levels. Apple cider vinegar is used as a preservative and disinfectant.
- Lowers blood sugar levels. Apple cider vinegar has numerous benefits for insulin function and blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Weight Loss Apple cider vinegar aids in weight loss because it helps to regulate insulin function.
- Cleans hair and skin. Apple cider vinegar is a harmless cleaner of both hair and skin. Apply apple cider vinegar to your hair and skin in the shower for a chemical free clean.
- Safe cleaning agent Apple cider vinegar can be used in everyday household cleaning.
- Detox Detoxify your home by using apple cider vinegar for your health and for cleaning. It has many uses and can reduce your use of harmful chemical cleaning agents.
Bonus benefit :By using apple cider vinegar and less commercial cleaners and soaps you are saving orangutans.Thousands of hectares of rainforest are cut down to produce palm oil in plantations. This rainforest in Malaysia and Indonesia is home to many orangutans whose habitat is being destroyed. Using apple cider vinegar as a substitute can help reduce the habitat destruction of these wonderful animals. You can find out more about how orangutans are threatened by palm oil plantations here.
There is more about the benefits of apple cider vinegar here at mercola.com
If you like this article and want to help me build mobile free schools teaching lifestyles of health and sustainability then you can support James’ Blue House Free Schools here
7 BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR by James Arthur Warren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.